The Network Blog
Showing all posts within Funding
Showing 1 - 5 of 5
Previous | Next
"£9 million for young people to become social entrepreneurs" | 22 December 2008
"Children and Young People’s Minister Beverley Hughes today unveiled £9 million for a new scheme to help young people spearhead and deliver ideas for positive activities, helping them at the same time to become young social entrepreneurs.
Funding and practical support will be available for young people to think of new ideas for positive activities, which could be anything from sport to music to art, which they will then deliver in their local communities, on Friday and Saturday nights. Third sector organisations are today invited to bid to run the scheme and support the young people involved."
Taken from DCSF press release.
Myplace Awards announced | 10 December 2008
The first round of Myplace awards has just been announced by DCSF.
- New Horizon Youth Centre, Camden, London
- The Sutton Life Centre, Sutton, London
- The Salmon Youth Centre, Bermondsey, London
- TaB Centre Plus, Enfield, London
- New Life Centre, Hartlepool
- The Hub, Barnard Castle
- Bradley Youth Hub, Pendle
- Carlisle Youth Zone, Carlisle
- The Hub, Dartford
- The Pegasus Theatre Project, Oxford
- Access All Areas, Bridgwater
- Dawlish Integrated Youth Centre, Dawlish
- Minehead EYE, Minehead
- The Primetime Project, Bournemouth
- The Young Person’s Village, Stoke-on-Trent
- The Green Rivers Centre, Bloxwich, Walsall
- The Big Hub, Leeds
- My Place Chesterfield
- Hinckley Club for Young People, Leicestershire
- OPEN Centre Project, Norwich
- Shoeburyness Youth Centre, Shoeburyness.
Scottish Arts Council Public Arts Fund | 5 September 2008
Scottish Arts Council is accepting applications to their £500,000 Public Art Fund until the end of January and can support a broad range of artistic activity that involves a public space.
The programme is open to a variety of organisations, including local authorities, schools, charities, voluntary and community arts groups, and businesses (for projects that are not for commercial gain).
Further information from their website.
English Heritage National Capacity Building Programme | 9 November 2007
Launch of a new programme which provides funding to national and local voluntary and other organisations for projects which promote the conservation, understanding and enjoyment of the historic environment.
One of the priorities is for projects which promote the cultural diversity of England's heritage.
Further info on the English Heritage website.